Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike, Obsidian is another great creation from Dahon. It features a classic design, likeable by any bike enthusiast. Just like other products from Dahon, the bike can easily be folded in 15 seconds, take it to your office and effortlessly put it under your desk.
Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike, Obsidian, is therefore, suitable for those who require a folding bike that can be used for the day to day activities.
- The bike is very affordable. It is one of the cheapest folding bikes that the company has ever released. You will save some money when you get this product.
- Great design. The company put in a lot of thought into the design of the bike. It features a great design even when folded. The design coupled with Dahon technology ensure this bike meets your biking needs.
- Convenience. The bike is convenient to use as it can be effortlessly folded and unfolded. Whether you want to put it under your office desk, or you are traveling with it on a bus or a train, the bike can be folded in 15 seconds or less.
- Multifunction. It is an all-around bike. Use this bike for your journey to the gym, the closest market or school. It is also great for an evening leisure ride around the park.
- Excellent quality. It has a solid frame. Stainless steel and aluminum used in the manufacture of this product ensures the bike is durable. The chromoly frame is almost virtually indestructible. You can throw it anywhere without getting it damaged.
- Comfort. You are assured of a comfy ride on a flat surface.
- The bike is heavy. The steel frame offers durability but is also a disadvantage as the cycle is quite heavy. It is heavier than previously released Dahon Bikes. With the Bike weighing 29 pounds, carrying it around can be a little tough.
- The cycle is slow as it features a single speed. With such speeds, it is not the fastest in the market. The speed might inconvenience you if you are in so much of a hurry. A single speed also means you will have to use more effort when riding uphill.
- It has a lot of cheap plastic components. Such plastic parts can easily break when it topples over.
- The bike could easily be scratched due to its folding mechanism.
- The replacement parts are hard to find.
- Small size wheels. The flimsy wheels mean that the bike isn’t sturdy especially when riding on a rough road. Avoid riding the bike over curbs and pothole filled roads.
Features and Specs
- Color: Obsidian
- Weight: 27.3 lbs (12.3 kg)
- Folded size: 12.6″ x 29.5″ x 26.0″ (32 x 75 x 66 cm)
- Tires: K-193 20 x 1.5″
- Rims: Aluminum
- Frame: HT Series, Hi-Tensile steel.
- ViseGrip hinge.
- Fork: Steel
- Gear inches: 22″-95″
- Handlepost: steel, unadjustable
- Handleset: 6061-T6 ALLOY
- Nice Fusion headset of Dahon with bearings.
- Grips: XH-G49
- Saddle: VL4022A
- Seatpost: 580 mm Alloy
- Brakes: ProMax V
- Front hub: AE-20.1F 5/16 x 14G x 28H x 74 x 115
- Rear hub: KT-305R (B) 3/8 x 14G x 28H x 110 x 150 mm
- Spokes: 18/8 stainless steel
- Crankset: 1/2″ x 1/8″ x 44T x 170, Steel
- Chain: KMC Z-410
- Pedals: Folding NW-319
- Aluminum kickstand
- Bottom bracket: chromoly axle
- Luggage Bracket: frame integrated
- Suggested Rider Height: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm)
- Maximum Rider Weight: 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Shipping weight: 36 lbs (16.5 kgs)
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 10.6″ x 25.8″ (84cm x 27cm x 65.5cm)
In conclusion, this is an appreciable product from Dahon. It is a cool bike for daily commute. However, you shouldn’t expect a solid performance from this product, especially on a rough road. Nevertheless, for its price, it is an excellent value for daily all-rounder use.
With its excellent maneuverability and foldability, the bike certainly accomplishes its intended purpose. It is a good folding cycle for the riders who haven’t owned folding bikes before. If you want a simple and an ultra-reliability cycle, the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike, Obsidian will be perfect for you.
Regular Price: $319.00