The Dahon Mariner D7 Folding, Brushed bike has been the best-selling folding bike U.S. for a number of years. The success isn’t an accident. The bike is the preferred choice for mariners, city folk, boaters or anyone who enjoys traveling. It’s specifically designed so as to conveniently fit in the smallest compact compartments.
The bike is the perfect tool to reach your port of destination since it allows one to casually tour the city with a lot of ease. Whether you choose to explore specific landmarks, go shopping, traverse the surrounding terrains or just wish to take a leisurely ride to the nearest restaurant, this bike does it all.
With a 4.1 stars average out of 5, this bike has received lots of positive feedback from its users because:
- The bike’s folding mechanism is quick and easy and normally takes about 12-15 seconds.
- The seat can also be extended after the folding so as to be used as a handle when rolling the bike.
- The bike’s overall workmanship and quality is really good. It’s among the lightest steel-frame bikes around today. The polyurethane finish is resistant to corrosion and can therefore withstand all types of weather.
- The Dahon Mariner is a great-looking bike with a beautiful design that will garner a lot of envy and attention from friends and colleagues.
- The bike’s speeds have been concealed in its rear hub so as to protect them from corrosion and damage thus making it travel-friendly.
- The bike’s high quality steel frames make it stable. As a result, it can be ridden easily over potholes and bumps without damaging it.
- The Mariner is a great travel folding bike with awesome portability. You can stash it anywhere: under your desk, in your car or even carry it along with you on bus, train, a boat or airplane.
Although the bike has mostly received positive feedback, the Dahon Mariner Brushed bike has also received some negative reviews from different customers that have found some of its features to be less impressive.
- One of the common criticisms of this bike is the tires. The tires on Dahon Mariner folding bike have to be topped-up on a frequent basis because they usually tend to lose pressure.
- The hardness of the bike’s seat is another shortcoming of using this folding bike. This makes it uncomfortable for one to use this bike for long distances.
- The steel frame isn’t as light as titanium ones thus making it a little bit heavy as compared to other folding bikes.
Features and Specs
- Speeds: 7
- Gear inches: 37″ – 85″
- Folded size: 11″ × 31.9″ × 25.7″ (28 × 81 × 66 cm).
- Weight: 26 lbs (11.8 kg).
- Frame: KM Series, 7005 Aluminum alloy, ViseGrip technology.
- Fork: Aluminum
- Front hub: FM31-F 3/8 x 14 G x 20 H x 74 x 110 mm
- Rear hub: FM32-7 3/8 x 14 G x 28 H x 130 x 170 mm
- Tires: K-1045 20″x1.75″
- Shifter: 7-speed SRAM
- Features a Dahon Neos Rear Derailleur for fast shifting
- Brakes: DHV-107
- Clip system: Magnetix
- Suggested rider’s height: 4’8″ – 6’4″.
- Rider weight: less than 230 lbs.
While the Dahon Mariner D7 Folding bike is not the cheapest folding bike which is available in the market, it’s a very decent bike from Dahon and it will definitely not let you down. Even though there are problems like the tire pressure, the Mariner still has a very great appeal and its positives outweigh the negatives by far.
If you need a folding bike which is light, portable and compact yet sturdy enough to ride on the rough weather and terrain, this is the perfect bike for you. Dahon’s reliability is known among the folder users and it is more evident on the Mariner. The Dahon Mariner Brushed bike looks great, rides great and feels great. It is for this very reason that it’s highly recommended.
Regular Price: $599.00