Dahon bikes have been in the market for almost three decades now. Their folding bikes are arguably the most popular in the market because they are lightweight, reliable and small. You are able to bring your Dahon folding bike on public transport or even fit it in the trunk of your car. These bikes are built with quality parts and components. Interestingly, Dahon folding bikes have a simple design that makes folding super easy.
In this piece, one of Dahon’s most versatile and stylish folding bikes will be reviewed. The article will analyze the bike’s advantages, its shortcomings and wrap up on anything else worth noting about this folding bike.
- The most beloved feature of this bike is its weight. The MU P8 folding bike is considered one of the lightest bikes that fold. This feature makes the bike amazingly portable in that it can fit in tight spaces and can easily be carried up the stairs into a building.
- By being lightweight, it does not in any way translate into mediocre quality. The parts and components used to assemble this folding bike are of high quality and truly durable. It is a compact bike and suitable for the everyday commuter. You will not have to worry about your bike breaking down during a commute.
- The MU P8 also takes home the prize of being one of the most versatile Dahon folding bikes. First of all, it is a head-turning bike, quite literally. It looks really classy and unique thanks to its refined design. Secondly, the bike has adjustable handlebars and this allows the rider to get comfortable with either an upright ride or the classic aggressive bent-back riding style.
- Something else that this bike gets the nod for is its tires. They are flat resistant and professional grade level. It is an agile bike that is strong and unexpectedly fast. The overall design of this bike ensures that the rider is positioned for optimal visibility.
- When it comes to maneuverability, performance and comfort, the Dahon MU P8 still shines. Let’s start with maneuverability. It is swift and fast, turning without the slightest hesitation. You may want to get used to it first before you go speeding. Its performance is top notch. When measured in terms of speed, ease of gear shifts, durability and great design, the MU P8 performs exceptionally well. It is also a comfortable bike to ride. The adjustable handlebars and saddle optimize it for user comfort.
- With all of its terrific features and advantages, the Dahon MU folding bike does not go without a complaint or two from users. One common cause for worry is the danger it poses to a new user who is not accustomed to its maneuverability. It turns way too swiftly and one must get used to this else they may get hurt.
- Two, this bike is unsuitable for ragged terrain or one with bumps and potholes. The small wheels also do not take such impact too well and may cause discomfort to the rider. It is best used on flat roads.
- Colors: Cloud White, Obsidian.
- Speeds: 8
- Folded dimensions: 11.7″ × 30.8″ × 25.7″ (30cm × 79cm × 66cm)
- Folding time of 15 sec.
- Weight: 27.1 lbs (12.3 kg).
- Frame: PA series – dalloy aluminum.
- Fork: Dahon slipstream, dalloy aluminum
- BioLogic Post Pump combines a seatpost and powerful floor pump.
- Best for rider of height 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm).
- Maximum rider weight can be 105 kg (230 lbs).
- Shipping weight: 34.8 lbs (15.8 kg)
- Box dimensions: 12.2″ x 33″ x 25″
Quick Video Demonstration
Dahon have such great confidence in their workmanship. They warrant this bike’s frame to be free from defects for up to 5 years, even with regular commutes. This bike with its compact frame will guarantee you an enjoyable riding experience on a flat terrain.
Regular Price: $829.00