Dahon Speed D7 Folding Bike is a folding bike whose performance can be assured; this makes it one of the favorite bikes made by Dahon. With the title “Speed“, be sure that its expected performance is pretty good. Its fast-shifting derailleur and seven gears make it an ideal option for urban riding. For lovers of sporty rides, Speed D7 folding bike will impress you because of how stylish it is.
- Neos derailleur allows easy and fast shifting. This is the secret behind its speed. The twist-gear shifter is very sensitive, and this is what enables you to shift the gears quickly. This makes the bike fit for both sloppy and hilly areas since it can cope up with both of them.
- It has 20” wheels and it is faster than many other folding bikes. Its lightweight makes it a quicker means of transport as compared to other foldable bikes with heavy frames.
- It comes with a rare rack which provides an extra space for carrying your items.
- Your clothes are protected from dirt or water in case of a muddy road because there are fenders to prevent them from flying up and dirtying you.
- Regardless of your height, as long as you are between 4’8 and 6’4, you can ride on a speed D7 comfortably. This is so because the handlebars, handle post and the seats are easily adjustable to fit your specific height.
- Its oversize micro-adjust seat makes it comfortable for different riders of various sizes, (people with 105 kg and downwards).
- Its break system is responsive and dependable. They work well under both wet and dry roads, you can still ride on muddy road and still have enough confidence in its breaks.
- Since it folds down to a small size, (30x77x64 cm), it does not take much of your space. Whether it is in your house or office, you can store it nicely within a little storage space.
- Folding the bike is very easy and fast. Fifteen seconds are enough to fold your bike compactly and store it.
- It is a durable bike. This is guaranteed by its alloy seat-post and stainless steel spokes.
- Speed D7 folding bike is a little bit heavy, something that can be an issue if one was to carry it with hands.
- Taking sharp turns with a speed D7 bike may be a bit tricky as there is only a small gap left between the pedals and the ground.
Features and Specs
- Colors: Tangerine Orange, Baltic Blue and Obsidian Black.
- Weight: 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg).
- Folded size: 11.8″ × 30.3″ × 25.2″ (30 × 77 × 64 cm).
- Frame: K Series 4130 chromoly lightweight steel frame.
- Tires: 20″ x 1.50″
- Speeds: 7
- Forged Alloy, Radius Telescope adjustable handlepost.
- Chrome plastic mudguards
- Folding pedals.
- Recommended rider height: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm)
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Shipping weight: 37 pounds.
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 12″ x 25.6″ (84 x 31 x 65 cm).
Despite these few shortcomings, Speed D7 folding bike has great features and performance which can outdo the shortcomings. You only need to get used to its controlling features and you will be good to ride on your bike. It is therefore a recommendable folding bike for urban riders who love sporty rides.
Regular Price: $689.99