All cycling enthusiasts would know the need of a stable, sturdy and easy to handle bike. There is no better companion on long and rough rides than a rough and tough bike. The Dahon Speed P8 folding bike can be one such companion to its rider. The bike is an apt combination of sturdiness and performance.
Sometimes, there is no parking space at places you want to ride to. And, most of the times you don’t want to leave your bike in the open. Dahon Speed P8 folding bike gives you an option to fold it. Fold up the bike, place it in a hard shell suitcase, and then carry it wherever you want to. Though the bike is heavy as compared to other bikes in the league, it is lighter than its predecessor Speed D7. The weight does not hinder the rider, and it is quite easy and quick to fold and unfold the bike. The rider just needs to follow some basic instructions to get used the folding and unfolding of the bike.
The basic frame of Dahon Speed P8 folding bike is the same as Dahon’s classic bike Speed. The rigid frame provides the bike stability and allows the rider to have great rides even on not so good roads. Adding to the rigid frame work is the premium component package. The bike uses the latest technology for the construction of advanced components and frame materials. The bike looks very stylish and also performs beyond limits.
This Dahon bike uses Schwalbe big apple tires, which act as great shock absorbents. The high performance tires give the rider a comfortable and stable ride even on bad roads. The wider tires give the bike a good grip, and this enables the rider to ride even on patchy roads and gravel. The short wheel base makes the bike very agile. The bike responds immediately when the breaks are turned on. This adds to the safety parameter of the rider and makes the bike even more trustworthy.
The seat is extremely comfortable even when used for hours together on a long ride. The air pump shaft also adds to the convenience. The adjustments of the handle bar are easy to use and enable the rider to customize the bike and his ride according to the travel conditions.
- The bike is very easy to fold
- It is easy to carry
- The high end components make it durable
- The unique design makes it quite stable and comfortable
- The agility of the bike helps to cut through traffic
- The wider tire makes it quite easy to ride on dirt and gravel
- Though it is perfect for urban riders to help them commute on the streets, the bike is not for the hills
- The price is on the higher end
- The weight might be less than Dahon Speed D7, but it is still is on the heavier side.
Features and Specs
- Color: Red (Fire), White (Frost)
- Speeds: 8
- Weight: 27.0 lbs (12.3 kg)
- Folded Dimensions: 12.60″ x 32.28″ x 26.38″ (32 x 82 x 67 cm)
- Frame: K-Series superlite 4130 Chromoly
- Fork: dalloy aluminum with integrated crown
- Tires: Streetpac 20″ x 1.75″
- Rims: 20″ aluminum double wall
- Handlepost: adjustable forged alloy Radius Telescope
- Handlebar: 6061 Double Butted Aluminum flat bar
- Front Hub: 74 mm compact alloy 20 hole
- Rear Hub: Sealed bearing aluminum FreeHub, 28 Hole
- Bottom bracket: Sealed Bearing
- Chain: KMC Z82
- Rear Derailleur: DAHON Super Compact Neos 8
- Shifter: DAHON Neos Twist Shifter
- Brakes: Winzip 110 mm V-Brakes
- Seatpost: DAHON Custom 6061 Aluminum
- Kickstand: Alloy
- Suggested Rider Height: 4’8″- 6’4″ (142-194 cm)
- Rider Max Weight: 231 lbs (105 kg)
- Pedals: Foldable
- Carton dimensions: 12.5″ x 33″ x 25.5″
- Shipping weight: 35 lbs (15.8 kg)
Dahon Speed P8 folding bike is an all purpose bike that is comfortable and stable. It is perfect for long tours and weekend exploring.
Regular Price: $699.00