Dahon Speed Uno is an impressive all-rounder bike with remarkable functions, compact design, lightweight, and an affordable price. The bike is one of the top-selling bikes in the United States of America currently. The review will explain in detail its functions and expound why the bike is appropriate for everyone, more so to urban commuters who may be living in crowded big cities.
- Ease of Folding and unfolding: Interestingly, it takes 15 seconds or less to fold the bike completely. Folding it comes up with a tripod stand; therefore, it can freely stand without the fear of falling.
- Lightweight: The light weight is advantageous in the sense that it makes it quite easy to carry around, lifting the bike upstairs or even elevating it to a car trunk. Additionally, its light weight improves the ease of riding. It is very difficult to peddle a heavy bike, more so uphill. With Dahon Speed Uno, you will be amazed at how it handles the hills.
- It is a comfortable bike with an impressive design: Its excellent design makes it look more of a BMW or better yet, a Freestyle bike instead of a conventional folding bike. It has a catchy and unique look, thanks to the matte black paint. It has no braking cables making it untangled and simple but very sleek. Additionally, it has excellent seat adjustment, making it comfortable to ride. It just has a sound practicality and comfort.
- Maximized Safety: Fortunately, safety is enhanced with Dahon Speed Uno, thanks to the DoubleLok. It works as a reminder to see to it that the latch is secured properly before riding. As a result, your safety is well taken care of as far as the bike is concerned.
- Its parts are durable: Speed Uno’s Parts have received much praise when durability comes to question. By that, you will be assured of staying with your bike for a longer time without noticing wear and tear. The strength results in you saving lots of money that could have been used in replacing the parts now and then.
- Advantageous Wheel size:Typically, too big wheels make unfolding very hard. Again, too small wheels hinder stability. However, the 20-inch wheels are beneficial in many ways. They include portability, quicker acceleration, effortless storage, and ability of high speeds.
- It has fragile plastic pedals
- Its price is slightly high
- It does not comprise of mudguard or fender
- It requires some practice to get used its brake pedals as well as to control the bike.
Features and Specs
- Single Speed
- Folding size: 11.7″ x 30″ x 25″
- Weight: 24.2 pounds
- Rider is recommended to be around 4′ 8″ to 6′ 4″ tall.
- The maximum weight of rider is 230 pounds
- Folding time is less than 15 seconds
- Gear inches: 64
- Frame: K series, SuperLite 4130 chromoly with custom-drawn double-butted Sonus tubing, forged lattice hinge, patented ViseGrip technology.
- Handlepost: Radius, fixed, patented Fusion technologies, forged aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum, Flat bar
- Grips: BioLogic Ergo, single density
- Front hub: Dahon Mini
- Rear hub: single speed, Shimano coaster
- Rims: Aluminum, single wall
- Chain: KMC Z410
- Tires: Dahon Rotolo, 20″ x 1.75″, high-pressure 65 psi
- Cold-forged 6061-T6 aluminum crank arms.
- Pedals are Suntour folding and non-slip
- Aluminum kickstand
- Color: Shadow
In a nutshell, Dahon Speed Uno is no doubt a top-quality bike. If you are a cycling enthusiast or a town commuter, you will fall in love with it for its impressive portability, lightweight, modern design, as well as its excellent performance. It runs faster, easily climbs uphill, and balances well. Now you know everything that you need to know about this bike. If you want a remarkable bike riding experience, then Dahon Speed Uno is worth your time.
Regular Price: $419.00