When it comes to the choice of commuters and urban dwellers for biking, it is evident that most of them trust the Retrospec bicycles. In relation to the single-speed bikes under this category, the Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle brings you the ultimate folding bicycle for the always on-the-go commuting cyclists.
This bike operates on a coaster brake allowing you to stop easily by peddling backward. The folding high-speed bike comes with a rear coaster brake making it the perfect choice for riding around the city. The bike is easy to carry and store in small places.
The bike is ideal for commuting or exercise on paths that are mostly flat or the smaller hills. When folded, this bike becomes small, light and self-containing.
The Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle comes with a number of benefits and advantages that result from its sleek design, features, and performance. The ergonomic grip and the famous retrospec saddle makes the bike much luxurious and easy to ride with a lot of comforts.
The pros of the bike include;
- This Retrospec bike comes with a lightweight aluminum frame making it 30% lighter than steel or Chromoly.
- It has 20″ wheels with the Kenda Kwest commuter tires that are designed in smooth rounded tread with large water dispersion grooves.
- The bike comes with the rear coaster brake that is perfect for riding around the city and it is easy to carry and store in small places.
- It has a folding time of 10 seconds with a folding handlebar tube, a top tube and pedals.
- It is ideal for commuting or exercising on paths that are mostly flat or smaller hills.
- The bike weighs under 24 lbs. making pedaling to be quite easy.
For every item that has the best features and performance, there are equally some few limitations or cons.
The Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle has some cons. These include;
- Folding up the bike takes some practice as you need to be extra careful to prevent hurting your fingers.
- The stock tires are not so good. They may not hold hair for too long. However, they can be replaced by some different inner tubes for a better performance.
- The front wheel may sometimes get unaligned with the handlebars. It may be hard to adjust unless you have an Allen wrench handy.
- The aluminum frame that makes the bike may develop some scratched with time making the bike look old.
Features and Specs
- Available colors: Cream, Graphite, Matte Black, Glossy White, Matte Coral, Matte Navy.
- Weight: 23.5 lbs
- Folded size: 10″ x 30″ x 22″
- Hand-built Aluminum Frame & Fork
- 20-inch wheels
- Alloy Crank
- Kwenda Kwest Tires
- Folding Pedals
- Strong 16T Coaster Brake Cog
- Alloy Seat / Comfortable Saddle
Retrospec bicycles have been a leading manufacturer of urban and commuter bicycles since 2008. Ride with ease, maintain with ease and transport with ease this bike and enjoy an awesome biking experience.
The Retrospec Bicycles Speck Folding Single-Speed Bicycle is ideal for camping trips and other outdoor escapades. To fold the bike, you open the lever underneath the seat, push the seat post down and then secure the new placement by retching the level.
The bike is 30% lighter that steel bike due to its aluminum frame design and the rear coaster braking. The bike is an industry standard for folding single speed bikes and is ideal for commuting and exercising.
Regular Price: $350.00